Model 134 Portable Brinell Hardness Testers
The portable Brinell Hardness Testers makes an authentic and accurate Brinell hardness test in whatever location and on whichever plane it is used.
The MHMA features both moveable test head and moveable anvil to allow for components at differing heights from the floor.
- Applies the full 29 420N (3000kgf) test force on a 10mm ball - other test forces and indenters available.
- Applies the full test force with an accuracy of 0.5%.
- May be equally well used as a bench machine with the workpiece being placed on the anvil in the usual manner or as a portable machine taken to the workpiece where it is then clamped onto it like a G clamp.
- The machine may be used in any position – the internal design of the test head allows the Model 134 to be used in any location or orientation and remain accurate.
The Foundrax Model 134 portable Brinell Hardness Testers has a proven track record and is extremely robust.
These machines have been reliably used all over the world for over half a century in the industries such as defence, aerospace, oil, steel, mining and general engineering, as well as in foundries, forges steelworks and heat treatment plants.
Many thousands of these machines are in use around the world, some are over 40 years old and still give reliable service.
The standard model 134 portable Brinell Hardness Testers consists of a 29 420N (3000kgf) capacity test head mounted in a high quality base, the test head is then hand wound up and down within in the base to adjust the test height.
This configuration enables large and cumbersome items to be quickly and correctly Brinell hardness tested wherever they are, for example:
- On the shop floor
- In the yard
- In a machine tool
- At another factory
- On an oil rig
- On a pipeline
- On a construction site
(for example testing steel structures that have been subject to heat, such as in a fire damaged building)
The standard equipment with the usual accessories and adaptors will cover over almost all Brinell hardness testing applications without further accessories however special adapters can be supplied if required. All Foundrax Model 134 portable Brinell hardness tester accessories are also suitable for use with the King Brinell portable Brinell hardness tester.
The Brinell indentation is then measured in the conventional way using a Foundrax BRINscope manual Brinell microscope or Foundrax BRINtronic automatic Brinell microscope.
The portable Brinell hardness tester is supplied with a UKAS certificate of calibration and makes an authentic and accurate Brinell hardness test in whatever location and on whichever plane it is used.
Standard Delivery Includes
- Test head: test forces 4 903-29 420N (500-3000 kgf)
- Weight: 4.5 kg
- Base type: Test height: 340 mm Throat: 100 mm
- Weight: 9.5 kg
- Flat, domed and vee anvils: for different shaped workpieces
- UKAS certificate of calibration
Alternative test heads
- Low force test head with force range 612.9-9 807N (62.5 - 1000 kgf)
- Long ram high and low force heads
- Long ram test heads are used with the 134 frame for testing over flanges, lips etc. The ram which holds the ball indenter is extended by 50 mm and is 20mm diameter
- Foundrax Brinell reference blocks and reference indentation reading blocks
Reference Reference blocks for monitoring of machine a set of UKAS certified Brinell indentations to check operator measurement capability etc.
- Foundrax BRINscope and BRINtronic manual and automatic Brinell microscopes
See microscopes page and brochure
- Foundrax Vee anvil locator
For testing of cylindrical components over 150mm diameter
- Foundrax Model 134 reverse adapter
Brinell ball and anvil are interchanged enabling tests to be made in inaccessible places where the test head will not fit but where the narrow shoe of the frame will.
- Foundrax Model 134 5mm ball adapter
For tests at 7 355N (750kgf)
- Foundrax Model 134 high base
Base with extended 500mm test height
- Foundrax Model 134 Machine cover
For machine protection
- Foundrax stage micrometer
See accessories page and brochure
- Foundrax special purpose adaptors and converters
Foundrax are able to manufacture bespoke adaptors for specific jobs or converters to allow the Model 134 Portable Brinell test head to be fitted to alternative machines and test frame
Optional Accessories Include:
Model 134 long ram test head
The modular design with removable test head and a wide range of accessories make its application almost unlimited. The Model 134 Long Ram test head is available for testing in recesses and over flanges, lips etc when the standard Model 134 test head is not suitable.
The Model 134 with Chain adapter allows testing of cylindrical components over 200mm in diameter anywhere along the length of the component.
Railway track adapter
The Model 134 with railway track adapter allows the user to test track during manufacture or in situ as required.
Bench adaptor fitted to Model 134.
Special Portable Machines
Foundrax can manufacture portable hardness testers for virtually any application including adapters to fit other makes as well as the MHMA transportable Brinell hardness tester with 900mm test height as well as moveable head and anvil.