The Model 134 is supplied with three small anvils; flat, V-type and domed (numbers 2, 4 and 5 respectively in the picture). A large sprung V (1) and reverse adapter (3) are available at additional charge.
These machines have been used all over the World for over 50 years in the defence, aerospace, oil, mining and transport industries, as well as in foundries, forges, steelworks and heat-treatment plants. Thousands of them are in service; some are over 40 years-old and still performing reliably.
The standard model 134 portable Brinell hardness tester consists of a 29 420N (3000kgf) capacity test head mounted on a high-quality base. The test head is hand-wound to the appropriate height for each component.
This configuration enables rapid and correct Brinell hardness testing of large and cumbersome items, wherever they are, for example:
On the shop floor
On an oil rig
In a yard
On a pipeline
On a construction site
(for example testing steel structures that have been subject to heat, such as in a fire-damaged building)
At another factory
The standard equipment and accessories will cover almost all Brinell
hardness testing applications, however, special adapters can be supplied if
required by a particular type of component. All Foundrax Model 134 Brinell
hardness tester accessories are also suitable for use with the King portable
Brinell hardness tester.
The Brinell indentation is then measured with a Foundrax BRINscope manual
Brinell microscope or Foundrax BRINtronic automatic Brinell microscope.
The portable Brinell hardness tester enables accurate testing in whichever plane it is positioned. It is supplied with a UKAS certificate of
Standard Delivery Includes
- Test head: test forces 4 903-29 420N (500-3000 kgf)
- Weight: 4.5 kg
- Base type: Test height: 340 mm Throat: 100 mm
- Weight: 9.5 kg
- Flat, domed and vee anvils: for different shaped workpieces
- UKAS certificate of calibration
Alternative test heads
- Low force test head with force range 612.9-9 807N (62.5 – 1000 kgf)
- Long ram high and low force heads
- Long ram test heads are used with the 134 frame for testing over flanges, lips etc. The ram which holds the ball indenter is extended by 50 mm and is 20mm diameter
- Foundrax Brinell reference blocks and reference indentation reading blocks
Reference blocks (for monitoring of the machine) with a set of UKAS certified Brinell indentations to check operator measurement capability etc.
- Foundrax BRINscope and BRINtronic manual and automatic Brinell microscopes
See microscopes page and brochure
- Foundrax Vee anvil locator
For testing of cylindrical components over 150mm diameter
- Foundrax Model 134 reverse adapter
The Brinell indenter ball and anvil are interchanged, enabling tests to be made in inaccessible places where the test head will not fit but where the narrow shoe of the frame will.
- Foundrax Model 134 5mm ball adapter
For tests at 7,355N (750kgf)
- Foundrax Model 134 high base
Base with extended 500mm test height
- Foundrax Model 134 Machine cover
For machine protection
- Foundrax stage micrometer
See accessories page and brochure
- Foundrax special purpose adaptors and converters
Foundrax are able to manufacture bespoke adaptors for specific jobs or converters to allow the Model 134 Portable Brinell test head to be fitted to alternative machines and test frames.
Optional Accessories Include:
Model 134 long ram test head
The modular design with removable test head and a wide range of accessories make its application almost unlimited. The Model 134 Long Ram test head is available for testing in recesses and over flanges, lips etc where the standard Model 134 test head is not suitable.
The Model 134 with Chain adapter allows testing of cylindrical components over 200mm in diameter, anywhere along the length of the component.
Railway track adapter
The Model 134 with railway track adapter allows the user to test tracks during manufacture and in situ.
Bench adaptor fitted to Model 134.
Special Portable Machines
Foundrax can manufacture portable hardness testers for virtually any application. This includes adapters to fit other makes, as well as our MHMA transportable Brinell hardness tester with 900mm test height and moveable head and anvil.